- The SW PA Area Agency on Aging, Inc. provides further subsidy so that persons 60 years and older ride FREE of charge to senior centers, adult day care centers, and respicenters.
- The PA Department of Transportation will reimburse 85% of all fares. Clients are responsible for the remaining 15% upon boarding.
- Clients 65 and older will pay only 15% of the full fare. However, SW Area Agency on Aging will pay 10% for a medically necessary appointment for individuals 65 years of age and older. Thus, the client will be responsible to pay the remaining 5% of the fare.
- Clients age 65 or older, who have an ACCESS card from the PA Department of Public Welfare must request medical transportation through the “Medical Assistance Transportation Program” rather than the Shared Ride Program.
Persons interested in applying for the Senior Citizen Shared Ride Program can pick up an application at the FACT Transit Center or call 724-628-RIDE to have one mailed to you. When applying, you will need one of the following forms of documentation to verify proof of age:
- birth certificate
- valid motor vehicle operator's license
- baptismal certificate/other church record
- armed forces discharge/separation papers
- pace identification
- passport/naturalization papers
- PennDOT non drivers license I.D. card
- veterans universal access I.D. card
- resident alien card
- A statement of age from social security administration.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation operates all of its transportation programs without regard to race, color, and national origin.
For additional information, complaint procedures, or complaint forms please contact our office in person at 825 Airport Road, Lemont Furnace, PA 15456.
Complaints may also be filed by phone at 724-628-7433 or here on our website.
Additionally, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender or disability.