- Shared Ride transportation is available to all residents of Fayette County. However, clients are encouraged to utilize public transportation wherever possible.
- Eligibility for Shared Ride transportation must be determined by a representative of the FACT office. Once eligibility is determined, the client may schedule trips by contacting the FACT office.
- Transportation services will be provided between the hours of 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Sundays only) and 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday-Saturday).
- Reservations must be made at least one (1) business day in advance of the scheduled trip and before the two (2) o'clock hour.
- To avoid charge, cancellations must be called into the FACT office at least two (2) hours in advance of the scheduled trip.
- The FACT staff will inform the client of the fare required for the trip when all arrangements are being made. It is the responsibility of the carrier to establish a procedure for collecting the fare.
- Only clients pre-scheduled by the FACT office will be transported under this program.
- Clients will only be transported to destinations which have been pre-authorized by the FACT office.
- Trips across county lines within the Commonwealth will be approved only if the trips to out-of-county facilities are a part of an approved and clearly identified/specified operating plan.
- Shared Ride transportation does not pay any part of the costs or penalties of waiting time or no-show fees. These costs will be the responsibility of the client.
- Any client who schedules transportation is responsible for the carrier's expense if he/she is not at the designated pick-up point at the appropriate time. No further transportation can be provided to the client under these circumstances until the carrier is appropriately reimbursed the standard no-show fee of $5.00.
- For out-of-county trips which require the driver to wait, a waiting time fee of $2.00 per quarter hour or $8.00 per hour will be charged to the client. Furthermore, if the trip involves several clients, the waiting time will be divided among them.
Persons interested in applying for the Senior Citizen Shared Ride Program can pick up an application at the FACT Transit Center or call 724-628-RIDE to have one mailed to you. When applying, you will need one of the following forms of documentation to verify proof of age:
- birth certificate
- valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- baptismal certificate/other church record
- armed forces discharge/separation papers
- pace identification
- passport/naturalization papers
- PennDOT non drivers license I.D. card
- veterans universal access I.D. card
- resident alien card
- A statement of age from social security administration.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation operates all of its transportation programs without regard to race, color, and national origin.
For additional information, complaint procedures, or complaint forms please contact our office in person at 825 Airport Road, Lemont Furnace, PA 15456.
Complaints may also be filed by phone at 724-628-7433 or here on our website.
Additionally, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender or disability.