|Public Transit Connect Card Facts
|FACT Unveils New Connect Card for 2013 (see photo) (in the news)
- FACT is replacing its existing paper monthly bus passes with a plastic Connect Card.
- This card can be obtained at the FACT Transit and Transfer Centers during normal business hours.
- The Connect Card will be honored on all fixed route buses including the Pittsburgh route.
- This card will allow rider(s) the convenience of loading/reloading their monthly local pass — from $5.00 to $200.00 --- or their 10 trip Pittsburgh pass at their discretion and it will allow a rider to not worry about having the exact change for the driver anymore.
- As the rider boards, the card will be tapped and the fare will automatically be taken from the card.
- This card will eliminate any fraudulent activity.
- In the future, this card will be honored and used on other transit organizations besides FACT.
- 185,380 riders use FACT transportation services.
- Riders not wanting to obtain a Connect Card can simply keep paying the fare with the exact amount.